TFG committed to growing SA’s future leaders
Date: 21 December 2017 | Author: Business Leadership South Africa Category: Giving Back
TFG believes in making a positive impact on the community, and growing South Africa’s future leaders.
That’s why the programmes and bursaries it offers give people with great potential the opportunity to grow and succeed in an environment of support, collaboration and respect.
In the past year, TFG has invested in 97 graduates, trainees and interns by offering them the chance to start their careers at a leading fashion and lifestyle retailer. In addition, TFG invested R1.3 million in its permanent staff by awarding them bursaries to fulfil their dream of a tertiary qualification.
TFG will continue to invest in the future leaders of South Africa and provide these individuals with the opportunity to grow and, ultimately, continue to build on the success of TFG.
TFG offers exceptional development opportunities to high-calibre graduates in various fields of study. TFG’s graduate programme is designed to help graduates make a smooth transition from campus into the world of work. Trainees engage with various individuals and teams in the business who share their experience, knowledge, passion and purpose to help them successfully complete the structured training programme.
Some of the other highlights for graduates on the programme are the following:
- They are paired with a coach/mentor throughout the programme
- They attend workshops that assist with the transition to a corporate industry, ie. self-awareness, self-leadership, EQ, behavioural skills and competencies, etc
- They get great exposure to employees from different divisions like Finance, Fashion, IT, Analytics etc
- They participate in innovation projects with a team of graduates throughout the year
- They are involved in CSI initiatives
- They get an opportunity to become permanent once the programme is completed
Candidates in TFG’s 2017 graduate programme were placed in the following areas:
- Visual Merchandising
- Supply Chain
- Business Analysis
- Conformance and Compliance Analysis
- Mechatronics Engineering
Internship & learnership programmes:
In addition to TFG’s graduate programme it also supports interns and learners across Cape Town, Johannesburg and Kwazulu-Natal. These volumes have increased year on year and 98% of these placements are equity candidates.
TFG funds 10 bursaries annually through FEDISA (BA in Fashion Design) and UWC for students who want to complete Honours in specific faculties.
In addition to its FEDISA & UWC bursaries, TFG also offers R1.3 million worth of bursaries to full-time TFG employees who wish to further their studies.