Invitation to join the Eyes and Ears Initiative (E2)
Date: 09 March 2020 | Author: Thuthuka Maseko Category: Media Statements
The Eyes and Ears Initiative (E2) is an official joint crime fighting initiative between the South African Police Service (SAPS), Business Against Crime South Africa (BACSA) and the Private Security Industry (PSI) whereby the PSI formally cooperates with the SAPS by relaying information directly to the Provincial Operational Command Centre (POCC) and in some instances, receiving such relevant information directly from it. Thus, private security companies that join the initiative have direct access to the SAPS.
The PSI, through BACSA, has at least one representative on a 24/7 basis in the POCC. All PSI participants use the agreed Integrated Communications Platform (ICP) which uses the Push-To-Talk (HALO PTT) technology over Cellular communication network and a Telegram group to communicate with the PSI staff in the E2 POCC.
The E2 has been implemented in Gauteng and Western Cape with great success. It is anticipated that the implementation of the E2 in KwaZulu-Natal and Easter Cape will take place during the first two weeks of May 2020. More than 60 private security companies have already joined the initiative.
All private security companies that are interested are welcome to join. For more information and to join please go to https://e2.bac.org.za/Landing.
The objectives of the E2 initiative are:
- To enhance the situational awareness of the SAPS by using the Private Security Industry’s (PSI) geographical deployment footprint for the sharing of information.
- To enhance operational response to crime hotspot areas, violent crimes, TRIO crimes and with specific emphasis on crimes which are heavily dependent on situational information and a shared concern for both the SAPS and the PSI.
- To allow for the PSI to assist each other (and SAPS) where needed in a non-commercial and non-competitive capacity.
Requirements for participation are:
- CIPC registration.
- Registration with PSIRA.
- PSIRA letter of good standing (not older than 60 days).
- Private Security Sector Provident Fund (PSSPF) Compliance Certificate (confirmation not older than 60 days), Valid Exemption Certificate or Declaration that company does not have armed guards.
- Signed E2 Standing operating procedures (SOP can be downloaded during application).
You are welcome to invite other private security companies to join our team!
For more information, see contact details below:
Tel: +27 11 883 0717
Fouche Burgers (BACSA)
+27 83 449 3433
Roelof Viljoen (BACSA)
+27 82 460 6505
Andrew Anthony (BACWC)
+27 82 447 2460
Naeem Rahiman (BACSA KZN)
+27 74 881 3256