Calling all entrepreneurs with an interest in fin-tech and insurance
Date: 30 August 2017 | Author: blsa-admin Category: Giving Back
Discovery is offering 15 FinTech entrepreneurs an opportunity to spend a week in Amsterdam, also known as ‘Europe’s Silicon Valley’, exploring the latest in global technology-driven innovation in the financial services sector.
The Discovery Global Entrepreneurs Programme is aimed at developing and promoting South African entrepreneurs, giving them the opportunity to learn from local industry leaders and global experts.
The selected 15 will explore leading innovation and disruptive thinking in the Dutch ecosystem in October. The Discovery programme is run in partnership with En-novate, which specialises in facilitating tailor-made trips that expose entrepreneurs to worldwide innovation hubs, showcasing the latest technologies, innovation, and business best practice.
This programme forms part of Discovery’s enterprise and supplier development and aims to support entrepreneurs and innovators in South Africa. As part of the programme, Discovery wants to build a strong network of leading industry innovators, particularly in the fields of finance, insurance, health and health improvement.
The programme also offers selected entrepreneurs an opportunity to partner with Discovery in various ways. These include the group’s investment and business support funds, Vitality, Discovery enterprise and supplier development, procurement, and its wider value chain.
This opportunity is open to all enterprises that comply with the following criteria:
- Are South African-registered enterprises
- Are innovative and/or disruptive in the financial product and/or services sector
- Have the potential to scale outside of South Africa
- Qualify as a small to medium enterprise with an annual turnover of less than R50 million
Preference will be given to:
- Enterprises that can demonstrate innovation – either in terms of actual product or service, delivery model or social innovation (broad-base market reach)
- Enterprises that are at least 51% black-owned
Applications for the trip to Amsterdam from 21 – 28 October 2017 close on Sunday, 10th September 2017.